Le Havre Cruise Club, a new impetus for the Cruise business in Le Havre.
Submitted by Le Havre on MARCH 20, 2013
The official launch of Le Havre Cruise Club took place on March 14th in the Town Hall with the founding members: the Greater Le Havre Community, the Port of Le Havre Authority, the City of Le Havre and the Chamber of Commerce.
With 124 calls and approx. 240 000 expected this year ( 108 calls/ 221 000 pax in 2012), on a so called “season” extending from March to December, 20 double calls, 7 triple, 6 overnights and 13 turnarounds, our destination has become a major player for cruise business.
The Le Havre Cruise Club’s purpose is to enhance the welcome facilities and the shore-organization for the cruise passengers and for the crew members as well as to develop this economic area.
The Strategic Board, composed of the founding members, decided the following action course for 2013:
- Various animations in the Cruise Terminal will take place on the occasion of about 30 calls (first and last call, maiden calls, turnarounds, triple calls, 100th call, Christmas Calls): music bands, and accordion player, handing out toffees, flowers, hot chocolate or spicy wine during Christmas time.
- Shopping Welcome project: approximately 250 shopkeepers agreed in opening their shops during lunch break, they will also allow a commercial discount to cruise passengers and crew members.
- Cruise Welcome project : in partnership with a local high school, the Lycée Jeanne d’Arc, 11 students in tourism will welcome cruise passengers from end of March to beginning of May (14 dates) in different places of the city, project to be continued by 3 trainees till end of June (20 dates)
- A monthly E-letter will be sent to all partners with calls information, general information regarding Cruise Lines, interactivity between the Cruise Club members.
- A survey will be held on the cruise passengers purchasing behavior, to determinate the economic impact.
First 2013 call, on March 21st, with AIDALuna, everything is ready to warmly welcome our cruise passenger!